I mentioned before that there was a thunderstorm the night I arrived in DC.
Although today’s weather was gorgeous, we had a downpour and thunderstorm during the evening. I don’t know what possessed me to pack an umbrella, but I did and it was a Godsend when I was hustling my way over to Safeway to buy food for the next couple of days.
While shaking in my boots, listening to the rain, and feeling desperately alone and somewhat afraid–I knew what I had to do.
Some of my favorite things to keep me going on a thunderous, stormy night in an empty building that reminds me of The Shining:
- Sushi. It was the first thing that popped in my head when I thought of the word favorite.
- Musical Theater. This is obviously why I started playing the song.
- Shoes. For obvious reasons, primarily that I am female.
- Kim Kardashian’s Hair. It’s just so shiny and soft-looking. I want a pillow stuffed with her hair. (Or the name of the person who does her extensions)
- The Ocean. I’m a true Southern California girl!
A toast to you, Julie Andrews–for teaching me as a child how to be brave.
“Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does the work.”